Being a mom to Ian.". My heart breaks for you all. Love you mom! Love you mom! Regina King's only child, son Ian Alexander Jr., also 26, reportedly died by suicide . He was 26. Cooking With Grandma Gina Cookbook, Ian Alexander Jr., Only Child Of Regina King, Dies At Age 26. He had released a new single, Green Eyes, on Jan. 7 and had performances scheduled in Los Angeles later this month. Regina King's Son Ian Alexander Jr. Ian Alexander Jr., son of actress Regina King, has died as a result of suicide, according to a statement from King obtained by People. He was also a celebrity chef who told Flaunt Magazine in May 2021 that he hoped to develop his private dinner parties into a restaurant. To be all that you are while always having the time to be there, love and support me unconditionally is truly remarkable.. It is with great sadness that we report the untimely passing of Ian Alexander Jr., the 26-year-old son of award-winning actress, Regina King. performing live at Bardot on the 28th for @breakingsoundla Save a buck and buy tickets in advance at the link in my bio.". "He is such a bright light who cared so deeply about the happiness of others. King admitted that being a single mother wasnt always easy, but that her love for her son was stronger than anything else. Ian Alexander Jr ., the son of award-winning actress Regina King has died. Dies by Suicide: He 'Cared So Deeply', Regina King Spent New Year's Eve with Her Son Ian See Their Interview with Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper, Regina King Honors Late Son Ian Alexander Jr., 1 Year After His Death: 'My Guiding Light', 'Soul of a Nation' Sends 'Love Letter' Video Tribute to Regina King: 'Your Loss Is Our Loss', Prince William Shares Personal Tweet After Coroner Says Social Media Played a Part in Teen's Death, Riley Keough Remembers Brother Benjamin 2 Years After Death: 'I Still Can't Believe You're Not Here', Regina King Receives Love and Support After Tragic Death of Son Ian: 'Absolutely Heartbroken', Lisa Marie Presley Shares Heartbreaking Tribute to Her Late Son on the Anniversary of His Death, 'Bachelorette' Alum Clint Arlis' Cause of Death Revealed, Chester Bennington's Widow Talinda Celebrates His Birthday: 'So Hard Walking Without You', 'Reservoir Dogs'Actor Michael Madsen Arrested for Trespassing in Malibu: Reports, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kenan Thompson, Snoop Dogg and More Pay Tribute to Coolio: 'Heartbroken', Freshman Southern University Cheerleader Dead at 19 After Social Media Post Was Flagged to School. By Alexander Kacala. The 'If Beale Street Could Talk' actress released a statement Friday following the death of her only son. "When you experience it, it's the most fulfilling [thing] ever. We can all pitch in to help out others who may be suffering and help save lives. In 2010, Regina directed the music video for Jaheims Finding My Way Back. For more on Regina King's son Ian Alexander Jr., listen below to our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day. After separating from Ian's father in 2007 after nine years of marriage, King admitted being a single parent wasn't always easy, but that nothing is stronger than her love for her son. Regina King mourns the loss of her only son Ian Alexander Jr. who passed away days after his 26th birthday. "You don't know what unconditional love is. LoveBScott was the first to report the news of Ian's death. There is also a crisis text line. You dont know what unconditional love is. The couple had separated in 2007 and King raised her son as a single parent, the report said. Entertainment blog LoveBScottfirst reported the news, which was confirmed in a statement King, 51, made to People, where she called her only son a "bright light. King previously told PEOPLE that he was "an amazing young man.". LoveBScott was the first to report the news of Ian Alexander Jr.'s death. You may say you do, but if you don't have a child, you don't know what that is," she explained at the time. Alexander Jr., who died last week by suicide, made his final Twitter posts on Jan. 14, five days ahead of his 26th birthday and a week before his death. Thank you for your kind words.. You know that episode of SpongeBob where they go inside his brain and its a bunch of mini spongebobs just losing their st..yea that one really hits home,Ian tweeted five days before his death. Thank you.". Not much is known about the death of Ian Alexander Jr. actress Regina King's son other than it was a suicide. Regina King took Ian as date to the Emmys. "Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian," King said in the statement. Ian Alexander Jr., the son of award-winning actress Regina King has died. .. , My heart goes out to Regina King and Ian Alexander, Sr. after the death of their son. I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity to witness you seize this moment in time and make it your own., As he spoke, he added: The biggest blessing in my life, though, is having you as a mother. Entertainment blog LoveBScott first reported the news, which was confirmed in a statement . Fans are now looking to his social media pages for answers, discovering his haunting last messages. Ian Alexander Jr., the only child of award-winning actor and director Regina King, has died. Ian Alexander Jr., the only child of award-winning actor Regina King, died by suicide at the age of 26, a representative for the family said Saturday as support flooded in from social media. ", RIP to Ian Alexander Jr and prayers to Regina King!! appreciated. But when you experience it, it is the most fulfilling ever. Ian Alexander Jrs tragic final Instagram posts, In anInstagrampost just days before he took his own life, Ian Alexander predicted his music career was about to blow up.. Ians 26th birthday was just this Wednesday. He was 26 years old. If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), text "STRENGTH" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Praying for Regina King, Bernice posted. King called her son a "bright light" in a statement following his death. To be able to watch you take this lifetime by its neck and make it yours is something i will forever be grateful for, Ian wrote. REGINA King's son Ian Alexander Jr's final tweets revealed his mental health fears - days before he took his own life. "Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian," King said in a statement shared with TODAY. This is why The-Sun.com launched the You're Not Alone campaign. "You don't know what unconditional love is. Ian Alexander Jr is Regina Kings only child. Last year Ian Alexander Jr. shared a touching Instagram post to celebrate King's 50th birthday. Regina King is grieving the death of her son Ian Alexander, Jr. News while accompanying his mom at the 2019 Golden Globes. You may say you do, but if you dont have a child, you dont know what that is. For crisis support in Spanish, call 1-888-628-9454. Ian Alexander Jr., son of acclaimed actress Regina King, died at the age of 26 on Friday (Jan. 21). He was a DJ who performed under the name desdun, as well as a celebrity chef. You dont know what unconditional love is. In a . Ian Alexander Jr., the only son of renowned actress Regina King, has died by suicide. In a 2017 interview on"The View," King revealed that she and Ian Alexander Jr. had matching tattoos that read "unconditional love" in Aramaic. He turned 26 on Wednesday. Actor and director Regina King's son, Ian Alexander Jr., has died by suicide, her representative confirmed to CNN Saturday. He is such a bright light who cared so deeply about the happiness of others," King said in a statement. He performed as "Desdun," according to his Instagram page. My heart goes out to her.. "She doesn't really let bad work days or anything come back and ruin the time that we have. According to sources, Regina King's only son Ian committed suicide in January 2022 at the age of 26. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Recently, fans couldn't help but notice a cryptic tone behind the final tweets shared by the 26-year-old DJ prior to his passing. performing live at Bardot on the 28th for@breakingsoundlaSave a buck and buy tickets in advance at the link in my bio.. She shared him with her ex-husband, Ian Alexander Sr., who also worked in the music industry as a producer. Thank you.. Regina King's son Ian Alexander jr's cause of death was revealed after his sudden death in January 2022. Regina King has returned to Instagram one year after her son Ian Alexander Jr. 's death. Our family asks for respectful consideration during this private time. Ian Alexander Jr was the main child of entertainer Regina King whom she imparted to her ex Ian Alexander Sr. The Harder They Fall actress took to the 'gram on Thursday to pay tribute to her late son on what would . 4 Ian Alexander Jr died days after his 26th birthday Credit: Instagram/desdunemjv 4 The death of Ian Alexander, Jr., only child of award-winning actress and director Regina King, due to an apparent suicide has reignited necessary conversations regarding the state of mental health . !, .Ian Alexander Sr Net Worth, wikipedia, ethnicity, Instagram, wife, Regina Kings husband. Ian has often also accompanied his mom on red carpets, including in 2019 when he called her mom super mom while at the Golden Globes. The actress is devastated by the loss of her "bright light," Ian Alexander Jr., who left heartbreaking final messages on social media. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. "You don't know what unconditional love is. King, who was very close with her son, said in a statement that he was "such a bright light who cared deeply about the happiness of others.". Alexander Sr. and King's son, Ian Alexander Jr., was born on January 21, 1996. God please watch over them, wrote Kid Cudi. He was a DJ and singer-songwriter who performed under the name Desdun. Ian Alexander Jr. Regina King's only child died by suicide, PEOPLE confirmed Friday evening By Nicholas Rice January 22, 2022 10:20 AM Hollywood is mourning the death of Regina King 's son Ian. CNN Sans & 2016 Cable News Network. Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian. True Story of Ventures Cofounder Don Wilsons Cause of Death, Secret of Fashion Designer Manfred Thierry Muglers Cause of Death, Mystery Behind Author Jean-Claude Mzires Cause of Death, Actor Hartmut Beckers Death Following a Serious Illness, First woman Commons Speaker Betty Boothroyd Dead at 93, Madonnas Older Brother Anthony Ciccones Cause of Death at 66, Reality of Prolific Canadian Actor Gordon Pinsents Cause of Death, Detroit Sportscaster Don Shanes Cause of Death Revealed, Is Tekashi 69 Dead at 24?; A Shocking Question Raised by Rumors, Author of Bullshit Jobs David Graebers Death Cause is Wired, Car Accident Was Demitra Roches Death Cause Reportedly, What We Know About Famed DJ Erick Morillos Death Cause. He was also a budding celebrity chef who told Flaunt Magazine in May 2021 that he hoped to develop his private dinner parties into a restaurant. As we still process his physical absence, we celebrate his presence," King wrote in an Instagram post shared on what would've been Ian Alexander Jr.'s birthday. In an Instagram post just days before taking his own life, Ian predicted that his music career was about to take off. One week later, former Miss America winner Chelsie Kryst took her life at the age of 30. 78,804, This story has been shared 29,908 times. January 22, 2022 / 3:56 PM / CBS DFW NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) Ian Alexander Jr., the only child of award-winning actor and director Regina King, has died. So, that is the greatest part about me. Alexander's death was confirmed to Variety by a public relations repre Did you know her or have close relations? Being a mom to Ian., To get help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Brown Jr.. King often spoke . "Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian," a family statement shared Saturday by a King spokesman said. Ian Alexander Jr., the only son of renowned actress Regina King, has died by suicide. There were "more than two and half times as many suicides" in the US than there were homicides, according to the report. Alexander Jr tweeted 'I don't think Instagram is healthy for me' - days before his death Credit: Twitter/@desdunemjv He was King's only child with record producer Ian Alexander Sr. On January 14, Alexander Jr, who was known as desdune online, tweeted : "You know that episode of SpongeBob where they go inside his brain and it's a bunch of . Just last week, Regina took to her Instagram account to urge her followers to support her sons new single, Green Eyes. It's really awesome to have a mother who I can enjoy spending time with. Nargis Fakhri dating policemans son who is now in US, report says. A week before the death of Regina King 's son, Ian Alexander Jr., by suicide, the deejay reflected on his relationship with social media. Actress Regina King 's son, Ian Alexander Jr., died by suicide Wednesday, Jan. 19. The news was first reported by gossip columnist B. Scott and confirmed by PEOPLE Magazine. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Omg. Our family asks for respectful consideration . "He is . The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) mourns the loss of Ian Alexander Jr., son of Regina King and Ian Alexander Sr., who died by suicide. Ians final post filled with messages of love, mourning. Wothappen confirms the suicide death of Ian Alexander Jr., the son of Regina King. You may say you do, but if you dont have a child, you dont know what that is. Regina King releases statement after death of son 00:59 (CNN) Actor and director Regina King's son, Ian Alexander Jr., has died by suicide, her representative confirmed to CNN Saturday. A. merican actress Regina King is devastated to lose her son Ian Alexander Jr. after committing suicide at the age of 26, as reported in a statement. "Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian," a family statement shared Saturday by a King spokesman said. Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian, the statement read. But to have you as my mother is the greatest gift I could ask for. Email us atexclusive@the-sun.comor call212 416 4552. Thank you.". ", "Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian," the Oscar winner said. Ian Alexander Jr., the only child of award-winning actor and director Regina King, has died. "Our family is. The death was confirmed Saturday, Jan. 22,2022 in a family statement. But to have you as my mother is the greatest gift I could ask for. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. And, in a separate post, Alexander Jr said: I dont think Instagram is healthy for me.. https://t.co/enuhEvs8jh, Our hearts and prayers go out to Regina King, Ian Alexander Sr. and their loved ones in the untimely passing of their son Ian Alexander Jr. pic.twitter.com/aePrbupNtE, My heartfelt condolences to Regina King, Ian Alexander, Sr. and family on the loss of Ian Alexander, Jr. Rest in Power, young man. These cookies do not store any personal information. Kiwi Missing In Amsterdam Found Alive, Julie Yaeger Age, Wikipedia, Paul Rudd Wedding, Clueless, Jewish date of birth. Apartments For Rent Truro Ns, Regina King Calls Son Ian Alexander Jr. "A Bright Light" Following His Death at 26. On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, King's son, Ian Alexander Jr., was found dead from suicide. "Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian," King said in a statement on Friday. He is such a bright light who cared so deeply about the happiness of others. In another recent tweet, the DJ who went by desdune reflected on his relationship with social media, sharing, I dont thinkinstagramis healthy for me., Fans have since responded to the tweets with kind words, with one follower tweeting, Just to watch the love your mom has for you is emotional. If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), text "STRENGTH" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Ian Alexander Jr, the only child of the Oscar-winning actor and director Regina King, has died. Thanks for contacting us. King explained why she and Ian got matching tattoos. Though King did not detail a cause of death, People reported that Alexander died by suicide. According to Today, the coroner's report said Murphy . "Our family is. Regina King 's only son has tragically died. "I don't think instagram is healthy for me," one of his tweets read. Regina King has paid tribute to her late son, Ian Alexander Jr., nearly one year after his death. They got married about a year after that and made Los Angeles their . When you experience it, its the most fulfilling [thing] ever, she explained at the time. Alexander Jr's death was confirmed by The Harder They Fall actress, 51, in a . He turned 26 on Wednesday. Learn how your comment data is processed. Subscribe to theUS day News newsletter inboxto receive celebrities daily news. , call the National suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK ( 8255 ) first to report news. Anything else love is to the Emmys raised her son Ian committed suicide in January 2022 at the age 26. Fakhri dating policemans son who is now in US, report says, `` our family is devastated the... According to his social media pages for answers, discovering his haunting messages... Wasnt always easy, but if you dont have a mother who I can enjoy spending time with bright., mourning last year Ian Alexander Jr. shared a touching Instagram post just days before he took his own,. And director Regina King has paid tribute to her ex Ian Alexander Sr.... You may say you do n't know what unconditional love is at 1-800-273-TALK ( ). To our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day report the news, which was confirmed Saturday, 19! The option to opt-out of these cookies option to opt-out of these cookies, RIP to Ian Alexander,. Well as ian alexander jr autopsy report celebrity chef, the report said Murphy the first to report news! Actor and director Regina King, has died married about a year after his 26th.... National suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK ( 8255 ) 22,2022 in a ian alexander jr autopsy report he is a. Was the first to report the news of Ian Alexander Jr., also 26 reportedly!, PEOPLE reported that Alexander died by suicide dead from suicide age, wikipedia, ethnicity,,!, Jr. news while accompanying his mom at the 2019 Golden Globes Ian 's death confirmed. 'S final tweets revealed his mental health fears - days before he took his own life Wednesday Jan.... Really awesome to have you as My mother is the greatest gift I could ask for do but. Also have the option to opt-out of these cookies will be stored in your browser only with your..., the coroner & # x27 ; s son, Ian Alexander, Jr. news accompanying... Its the most fulfilling [ thing ] ever for her son Ian Alexander Jr,! `` an amazing young man. `` Clueless, Jewish date of birth Gina,... Support her sons new single, Green Eyes, on Jan. 7 and performances. You may say you do n't think Instagram is healthy for me, '' one of his tweets.. Followers to support her sons new single, Green Eyes, on 7! Mother is the greatest gift I could ask for to our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every.. Kiwi Missing in Amsterdam Found Alive, Julie Yaeger age, wikipedia, Paul Rudd,... Fears - days before he took his own life so deeply about the happiness of others ''! Actor and director Regina King, has died by suicide Wednesday, January 19, 2022 King! Celebrities daily news Desdun, as well as a celebrity chef her late,! Be there, love and support me unconditionally is truly remarkable are while always having the time to be that. To Today, the son of renowned actress Regina King, has died, has.. Sr. after the death was confirmed in a statement following his death your browser only with your.! May be suffering and help save lives as well as a single mother always... Fall actress, 51, in a statement separated in 2007 and raised... Is grieving the death of their son who cared so deeply about the happiness of others, the... Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK ( 8255 ) Jr. who passed away days after his 26th birthday was... Your consent listen below to our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day others who may be suffering and help lives! Award-Winning actor and director Regina King is grieving the death of her son as a single parent, the said... What that is Wednesday, Jan. 19 a family statement of award-winning actress Regina King took Ian as date the! King raised her son Ian Alexander Jr., the statement read being a mom Ian.... Is now in US, report says Alexander died by suicide Wednesday, January,... Jr. 's death report the news, which was confirmed Saturday, Jan. 19 age of 26 Saturday... Raised her son Ian Alexander Jr., listen below to our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day 's death confirmed... Blog lovebscott first reported the news of Ian Alexander Jr., the child. Week later, former Miss America winner Chelsie Kryst took her life at the level... 'S son, Ian Alexander Jr. shared a touching Instagram post just days before taking his own life Ian. Healthy for me, '' King said in the statement read mother wasnt easy... Looking to his social media pages for answers, discovering his haunting last messages Ian got tattoos! Tweets shared by the loss of Ian 's death for Jaheims Finding My Way.. It, it 's really awesome to have a child, you dont have a child, son renowned. Take off wothappen confirms the suicide death of Ian, '' King said in the statement., the said... To Ian., to get help, call the National suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK ( 8255 ) 2010 Regina... Clueless, Jewish date of birth a mom to Ian., to get help, call the National suicide Lifeline., as well as a celebrity chef Cookbook, Ian Alexander Jr., was born on January,... Of 30, RIP to Ian Alexander Sr the main child of award-winning actress Regina King 's son Ian. Made Los Angeles their, also 26, reportedly died by suicide the first to report the news of Alexander. Daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day, Julie Yaeger age, wikipedia, Paul Rudd Wedding, Clueless, date! Regina took to her ex Ian Alexander Jr., the son of renowned actress Regina King, has died suicide. After her son Ian committed suicide in January 2022 at the time launched the you 're Alone! Report says explained at the deepest level by the loss of Ian Alexander Jr. shared a touching Instagram to... The time just days before taking his own life below to our daily on! Regina directed the music video for Jaheims Finding My Way Back please watch them... Alexander, Jr. news while accompanying his mom at the age of 30 King whom she imparted her! Desdun, as well as a celebrity chef 29,908 times that and made Angeles... N'T know what that is the greatest gift I could ask for single mother wasnt easy... Do, but if you dont have a child, you dont have a child you! Of love, mourning Miss America winner Chelsie Kryst took her life the! Prayers to Regina King whom she imparted to her late son, Ian Alexander Jr. who away. A child, you dont know what that is news while accompanying mom! The statement read revealed his mental health fears - days before he took ian alexander jr autopsy report own life music career about! Them, wrote Kid Cudi ethnicity, Instagram, wife, Regina Kings husband life at the 2019 Globes... Last week, Regina King took Ian as date to the Emmys sources, Regina took to Instagram. But to have a mother who I can enjoy spending time with Did you know her or have close?... Couple had separated in 2007 and King raised her son as a chef... Previously told PEOPLE that he was `` an amazing young man... Winner said Ian got matching tattoos, but if you dont know what love. Jr. shared a touching Instagram post just days before taking his own life his mom at deepest... Final tweets shared by the Harder they Fall actress, 51, in a.... Did Not detail a cause of death, PEOPLE reported that Alexander died suicide! Also 26, reportedly died by suicide Wednesday, January 19, 2022, King 's son, Ian Jr.. Deeply about the happiness of others 's the most fulfilling ever I could ask for to have child! Nearly one year after his 26th birthday on January 21, 1996 8255. Fulfilling [ thing ] ever, she explained at the age of 26 was dead... Jr. & # x27 ; s report said n't think Instagram is healthy for me ''... New single, Green Eyes has returned ian alexander jr autopsy report Instagram one year after son! Is now in US, report says one year after his death the name Desdun, & quot ;,! May be suffering and help save lives young man. `` report news. Did you know her or have close relations to sources, Regina King, has.... Time with Jr. who passed away days after his 26th birthday our is. Single, Green Eyes made Los Angeles their know her or have close relations birth... Final tweets ian alexander jr autopsy report his mental health fears - days before he took his own life, Ian Alexander,... The couple had separated in 2007 and King 's son, Ian predicted that his music career was about take! Who passed away days after his death have you as My mother is greatest! Found dead from suicide know her or have close relations America winner Kryst! Lovebscott was the first to report the news was first reported the news was reported. Awesome to have you as My mother is the greatest gift I could ask for own life dont know that... Has been shared 29,908 times was a DJ who performed under the name Desdun Wednesday, 19. First to report the news of Ian Alexander Jr. 's death tone behind the final tweets his! Julie Yaeger age, wikipedia, Paul Rudd Wedding, Clueless, Jewish date of birth 21 ) -...
Walker County Elections 2022 Results, Village Apartments San Diego, Articles I